Last updated March 2012
Find Poker's Privacy Statement
This document declares the undertakings by Find Poker in relation to its handling of Your Data.
- Data Collection
- Data Security
- Data Use
- Data Disclosure
- Data Retention and Destruction
- Access by You to Your Personal Data
- Information about Data Handling Practices
- Handling of Enquiries, General Concerns and Complaints
- Changes to These Privacy Undertakings
1. Data Collection
Find Poker undertakes to collect Your Data by means that are:
If you visit Find Poker's web-site, your web-browser automatically discloses, and Find Poker's web-server automatically logs, the following information: the date and time, the IP address from which you issued the request, the type of browser and operating system you are using, the URL of any page that referred you to the page, the URL you requested, and whether your request was successful. This data may or may not be sufficient to identify you.
Any additional data that you provide, e.g. in a web-form, may also be logged. This data may or may not be sufficient to identify you.
Any additional data that your web-browser automatically provides may also be logged. This will be the case, for example, if your browser has previously been requested to store data on your computer in 'cookies' and submits them each time you request a web-page within a particular domain (such as findpoker.com.au findpoker.fr etc). This data may or may not be sufficient to identify you.
If you disclose personal data to Find Poker in conjunction with an identifier such as your name or other details, Find Poker will collect Your Data. Moreover, any data that becomes available to Find Poker through any of the means described in the preceding paragraphs may be able to be associated with that identifier, and hence become Your Data.
Subject to the qualifications immediately below, Find Poker undertakes to collect Your Data from you and not from other parties.
This undertaking is qualified as follows:
- where Find Poker reasonably considers that the protection of its financial interests requires that it gather YourData from other sources, or from additional sources. This applies in particular where Find Poker has a lending exposure to you, and seeks information about your creditworthiness;
- where Find Poker reasonably considers that its capability to deliver quality services to you will be materially enhanced by gathering YourData from other sources. This applies in particular to consumer profile data.
Where Find Poker collects Your Data from sources other than you, it undertakes:
- to do so only by legal means;
- to do so only with your Consent; and
- to declare to you what sources it uses, and under what circumstances.
Find Poker undertakes to declare the purpose of collection in a manner which is clear and meaningful, and to avoid vague, highly inclusive statements such as 'to support our operations'.
2. Data Security
Find Poker undertakes to store Your Data in a manner that ensures security against unauthorised access, alteration or deletion, at a level commensurate with its sensitivity.
Find Poker undertakes to store Your Data only in jurisdictions where data protections are at least equivalent to those required under the OECD Guidelines.
Find Poker undertakes to transmit Your Data in a manner that ensures security against unauthorised access, alteration or deletion, at a level commensurate with its sensitivity.
Find Poker undertakes to implement appropriate measures to ensure security of Your Data against inappropriate behaviour by Find Poker's staff-members and contractors.
- training for staff in relation to privacy;
- access control, to limit access to Your Data to those staff and contractors who have legitimate reasons to access it;
- particularly in the case of sensitive data, audit trails of accesses, including the identities of staff and contractors accessing the data;
- reminders to staff and contractors from time to time about the importance of data privacy, and the consequences of inappropriate behaviour;
- declaration of appropriately strong sanctions that are to be applied in the event of inappropriate behaviour
- clear communication of policies and sanctions; and
- processes to audit, to investigate and to impose sanctions.
3. Data Use
Use refers to the application of Your Data by any part of Find Poker, or any staff-member or contractor of Find Poker in the course of their work.
Find Poker undertakes to use Your Data only for:
- the purposes for which it was collected;
- such other purposes as are subsequently agreed between Find Poker and You;
- such additional purposes as may be required by law. In these circumstances, Find Poker will take any reasonable steps available to it to communicate to You that the use has occurred, unless it is precluded from doing so by law; and
- such additional purposes as are authorised by law (in particular to protect Find Poker's interests, e.g. if it believes on reasonable grounds that You have failed to fulfil your undertakings to Find Poker or have committed a breach of the criminal law).
Find Poker undertakes to use YourData only if it has demonstrable relevance to the particular use to which it is being put.
Find Poker undertakes to use YourData in such a manner as to take into account the possibility that it is not of sufficient quality for the purpose, e.g. because it is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, or out-of-context.
4. Data Disclosure
Disclosure refers to making YourData available to any party other than Find Poker and You. The term disclosure may include many different conditions of data transfer, including selling, renting, trading, sharing and giving.
Find Poker undertakes to disclose Your Data only under the following circumstances:
- in the course of business being conducted between You and Find Poker, where disclosure is necessary to a contractor, such as a transport company. Where Your Data is disclosed in this way, Find Poker undertakes to exercise control over Find Poker's contractors to ensure that their actions are compliant with these Terms;
- in other circumstances that are directly implied by the purpose agreed between You and Find Poker at the time of data collection or subsequently. Where Your Data is disclosed in this way, Find Poker undertakes to exercise control over Find Poker's contractors to ensure that their actions are compliant with these Terms;
- with your consent, or at your request;
- where required by law, such as a provision of a statute, or a court order such as a search warrant or sub poena. In these circumstances, Find Poker will take any reasonable steps available to it to communicate to You that the disclosure has occurred, unless it is precluded from doing so by law;
- where permitted by law (e.g. the reporting of suspected breach of the criminal law to a law enforcement agency; and in an emergency, where Find Poker believes on reasonable grounds that the disclosure of YourData will materially assist in the protection of the life or health of some person), provided that Find Poker will apply due diligence to ensure that the exercise of the permission is justifiable.
In all cases, Find Poker undertakes to disclose only such of Your Data as is necessary in the particular circumstances.
5. Data Retention and Destruction
Subject to the qualifications immediately below, Find Poker undertakes:
- to retain Your Data only as long as is consistent with its purpose; and
- to destroy Your Data when its purpose has expired, and to do so in such a manner that Your Data is not subsequently capable of being recovered.
This undertaking is qualified as follows:
- Your Data may be retained in Find Poker's logs, backups and audit trails within short-term retention cycles that are devised to protect the company's operations. In such cases, Your Data will be destroyed in accordance with those cycles;
- Your Data may be retained beyond the expiry of its purpose if that is required by law, such as a provision of a statute, or a court order such as a search warrant or sub poena, or a warning by a law enforcement agency that delivery of a court order is imminent. In these circumstances, Find Poker:
- will take any reasonable steps available to it to communicate to You that Your Data is being retained, unless it is precluded from doing so by law; and
- will only retain Your Data while that provision is current, and will then destroy Your Data;
- Your Data may be retained beyond the expiry of its purpose if it is authorised by law (in particular to protect Find Poker's interests, e.g. if it believes on reasonable grounds that You have failed to fulfil your undertakings to Find Poker or have committed a breach of the criminal law). In these circumstances, Find Poker will only retain Your Data while that situation is current, and will then destroy Your Data.
6. Access by You to Your Personal Data
Find Poker undertakes to provide you with access to Your Data, subject to only such conditions and processes as are reasonable in the circumstances. In particular, Find Poker undertakes to enable access:
- without unreasonable delay; and
- without cost.
Find Poker undertakes to establish and operate identity authentication protections for access to Your Data that are appropriate to its sensitivity, but practical. This may involve some inconvenience; for example, relatively straightforward procedures may be involved in order to provide you with access through a channel that you have previously registered with Find Poker (such as a particular email-address), but may impose more onerous procedures if you wish to use some other channel.
In the event that you dispute some aspect of Your Data, Find Poker undertakes to take reasonable steps in relation to the amendment, supplementation or deletion of Your Data.
- not to seek access for frivolous purposes, or unreasonably frequently;
- to accept that deletion of some data may not be consistent with the provision of particular services by Find Poker to you.
7. Information about Data-Handling Practices
Find Poker undertakes to make information available to you about the manner in which Find Poker handles your data:
- in general terms, in a readily accessible manner; and
- in more specific terms, on request.
Where Your Data is disclosed to a contractor, Find Poker undertakes to make information available to you on request about the manner in which Find Poker's contractors handle your data.
Find Poker undertakes to ensure that the information provided is meaningful, and addresses your concerns.
- not to seek such information for frivolous purposes, or unreasonably frequently; and
- to accept that the disclosure of excessive detail may harm the security of Your Data and Find Poker's business processes, and may harm Find Poker's commercial interests.
8. Handling of Enquiries, General Concerns and Complaints
If you have enquiries, general concerns, or complaints about these Terms, or about Find Poker's behaviour in relation to these Terms, you undertake:
- to communicate them in the first instance:
- to Find Poker only;
- in sufficient detail;
- through a channel made available by Find Poker for that purpose;
Find Poker undertakes:
- to provide one or more channels for communications to Find Poker, which are convenient to users;
- to promptly provide acknowledgement of the receipt of communications, including the provision of a copy of the communication, the date and time it was registered, and Find Poker's reference-code for the communication;
- to promptly provide a response to the communication, in an appropriate and meaningful manner.
You further undertake to not pursue Find Poker through any Regulator or the media:
- until and unless Find Poker has had a reasonable opportunity to respond to the initial communication; and
- while Find Poker and you are conducting a meaningful dialogue about the matter.
Find Poker declares that its undertakings in these Terms are intended to create legal obligations, and that those obligations are intended to be enforceable under appropriate laws in appropriate jurisdictions. These include laws relating to data protection, privacy, fair trading, corporations and criminal laws.
You undertake to seek enforcement only in a jurisdiction that is relevant to the transactions that have taken place between You and Find Poker, in particular the jurisdiction in which you live or in which you performed the relevant acts, and the jurisdiction in which Find Poker is domiciled or performed the relevant acts.
If you wish to discover the relevant laws in any particular jurisdiction, Find Poker draws your attention to the following resources:
- World LII Privacy Links
- the Australian Privacy Foundation's pages:
10. Changes to These Privacy Undertakings
Find Poker undertakes:
- not to unilaterally make any material change to these Terms in a manner that reduces the protections for Your Data;
- to take all practicable steps to prevent any company that acquires this company or any of its relevant assets from materially changing the Terms applicable to Your Data in a manner that reduces the protections for Your Data;
- where it is considering making changes to these Terms, or creating more specific Terms relating to specific services, to consult with appropriate representative and advocacy organisations;
- where it makes changes to these Terms, to ensure that the differences between successive versions are readily accessible;
- to maintain all prior versions of these Terms in such a manner that they are dated, and readily accessible.
Find Poker means The Website it's owners staff and associates.
Your Data means data that is capable of being associated with you, whether or not it includes an explicit identifier such as your name or customer number. In particular, it encompasses all data that Find Poker is capable of correlating with you, using such means as server-logs and cookie-contents.
Your Data does not refer to data that can no longer be associated with you. This includes aggregated data that does not and cannot identify the individuals whose data are included in the aggregation.
Consent means your concurrence with an action to be taken by Find Poker. Consent may be express or implicit, but in either case must be informed and freely-given.